This warm and cozy fall soup pairs nicely with Gregory Graham Sauvignon blanc or Grenache. Both wines love the spice!
Category : Soups and Appetizers
• 3 cups chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth
• 1 cup whipping cream
• 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
• 4 tablespoons (packed) dark brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 3/4 cup (packed) grated sharp cheddar
• Chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
• 1 15 oz. can of black beans, well rinsed
Bring chicken stock and whipping cream to boil in heavy medium pot. Whisk in pumpkin, brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, coriander and nutmeg. Reduce heat to medium, add corn and black beans and simmer until soup thickens slightly and flavors blend, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Soup can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Cool. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally.) Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish each serving with cheddar cheese and cilantro and serve.