Category : Sweet Snacks
1 pound unsalted butter cut into pieces
1 pound plus 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, divided
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
6 extra-large eggs
3 tablespoons instant coffee powder
2 tablespoons real vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups sugar
¼ cup Gregory Graham Crimson Hill Zinfandel
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided (1 cup for batter and 1/4 cup in the chips and nuts)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 cups chopped Lake County walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F°. Grease and flour a 13 by 18 by 1 1/2-inch sheet pan lined with parchment.
- Melt together the butter, 1 pound chocolate chips, and unsweetened chocolate in a glass dish in the microwave. Microwave in increments of two minutes at 50% power, stirring between each until the chocolate and butter has just melted. Stir together the eggs, instant coffee, vanilla, sugar and zinfandel. Gradually, stir in the warm chocolate mixture and cool to room temperature.
- Stir together 1 cup of the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to cooled chocolate mixture. Toss the walnuts and 12 ounces of chocolate chips with 1/4 cup flour to coat. Then add to the chocolate batter. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until tester just comes out clean. Halfway through the baking, tap the pan against the oven shelf to allow any air to escape. Do not over-bake!
- Cool, refrigerate and cut into squares. Great topped with raspberry preserves! For easiest cutting, once cooked, slip pan into the freezer for thirty minutes and then use a sharp knife or a pastry blade dipped into warm water. Can be covered and frozen up to 2 weeks.